Top 6 things for Summer Ready Hair
Here are a few tips to help you get Summer ready.
- Treat your hair to an intensive treatment once per week.
- For blondes, invest in a good quality violet based shampoo. We recommend Pravana Perfect Blonde- one of the rare violet based shampoos that have no sulphates in them so is not drying on the hair.
- Do not brush hair wet – only use a Tangle Teezer type brush as the bristles are gentle on the hair or an afro comb. Using any other type of brushes can cause hair to stretch too much when wet and cause breakage
- Use a leave-in moisturiser or detangling spray that contains UV protectants. This will help protect the hair from the sun. It will also reduce colour fade. We recommend CPR CC creme or Unite 7 Seconds Detangler, depending on hair type, condition and lifestyle.
- Use a heat protectant when using electrical styling products, hair dryer, GHD stylers and hot rollers. This will reduce the dryness in your hair.
- Trim your hair regularly. If you are a person that wants to grow your hair over Summer, it’s essential to keep those split ends away.
If you need any further info for Summer ready hair, the girls at The Colour Shak are more than happy to answer them for you.
Hair always gets smashed in Summer – the sun’s out, it is hot and as Queenslanders, we spend loads of time swimming!